FAQ, online FAQ, knowledge management system, knowledge system and knowledge platform. There are as many definitions and notions of what FAQ is as there are systems and the terms are often used interchangeably. However, the systems and their nature are very different, but most often it is "only" the FAQs that we encounter on various websites. Most often, an FAQ is an integral part of one knowledge system, however, the two are often confused. In particular, a knowledge system is something different and more than just a database, with an incorporated FAQ. Here we will therefore briefly and precisely define what we consider a real FAQ.
A FAQ (short for "frequently asked questions", in Danish "often asked questions") is a list of questions and answers that are often asked about a certain topic. FAQs are often used as a form of self-help where users can find answers to questions they may have without having to contact a support department or similar.
In Knowledge Management (in Danish "videnstyring"), FAQs are a way of collecting and organizing knowledge. Through a FAQ, you can easily access answers to questions that are frequently asked in a certain area, and this can help save time and increase the efficiency of the organization.
FAQs in Knowledge Management can be a useful tool for both employees and customers, as they make it easier to find answers to questions and solve problems. It can also be a way to ensure that knowledge and experience gained within the organization is communicated and made available to others.
FAQ as part of a knowledge solution
With the collection of several knowledge sources in one knowledge system has Responza Knowledge, as something completely unique, cross search functionality that makes it possible to search across several sources of knowledge, inters as external. This means that Responza Knowledge can look down into its own and other sources of knowledge and thus obtain the right knowledge, at the right time, on the right channel from many different places. Cross-search makes your knowledge sharing easy, user-friendly and not least efficient, and optimizes the FAQ so that the best answer arrives.
A real FAQ is actually part of a complete one knowledge system (also called knowledge solution or knowledge management platform), which in an easy and intuitive way supports searching and working with knowledge according to four best practice processes:
- Collection and production of knowledge
- Management and processing knowledge
- Distribution of knowledge on all portals/channels
- Continuous improvement of knowledge based on the automatic feedback and management information the solution provides.
Why is it important to have FAQ software in a knowledge base?
There are several reasons why it can be important to have an FAQ software in a knowledge base:
- This makes it easier to find answers to questions: An FAQ software makes it possible to search for answers to questions in a fast and efficient way. This can save time for both employees and customers who do not have to spend time navigating around the knowledge base to find answers.
- It increases efficiency: By having a faq software, you can ensure that the same questions are not asked again and again, as the answers are already in the knowledge base. This can increase efficiency in the organization as employees do not have to spend time answering the same questions over and over again.
- It increases the satisfaction of customers and employees: By having an easy and accessible knowledge base where you can quickly find answers to your questions, you can increase the satisfaction of both customers and employees. This can contribute positively to the organisation's reputation.
When is an FAQ page relevant?
An FAQ page can be relevant in many different contexts. Here you can see a number of examples of when an FAQ page can be relevant:
- Frequently asked questions: An FAQ page can be a good way to collect answers to frequently asked questions in one place so they are easy to find.
- Self-help solution: An FAQ page can be part of a self-help solution where users can find answers to questions they may have without having to contact a support department or the like.
- Dissemination of knowledge and experience: An FAQ page can be a way to communicate knowledge and experience gained within the organization to others.
- Structuring knowledge in an easy way: An FAQ page can be a way to structure knowledge so that it is easy to find and understand.
There may be many other contexts where an FAQ page may be relevant, and it will depend on the organization and its needs.
What are the main points of an FAQ template?
There are some important points to remember to include in an FAQ template:
- Questions: This is of course the most important element of an FAQ template, as it is the questions that need to be answered. It may be a good idea to sort the questions into categories or topics so that it is easy to find what you are looking for.
- Reply: It is also important to include space for answers to the questions. This is where you must write the information that will be relevant and useful for your target group.
- Categoryries or subjects: As mentioned above, it can be a good idea to divide the questions into categories or topics, so that it is easy to find what you needsearching. This can be useful especially if you have a lot of questions and answers in your FAQ.
- Search function: It might be a good idea to include a search function in your FAQ template so that users can search for specific questions and answers.
- Editinginequalities: If you plan to update your FAQ regularly, it might be a good idea to include options to edit questions and answers in the template. This can be useful if you get new questions or need to change the existing answers.
There may be other points that are relevant to include in an FAQ template, depending on your needs and desires. It is important to think about what will be most useful and easy to use for your target audience.
How to create a FAQ database?
There are several steps you can follow to create an FAQ database:
- Define the target audience: Before you start creating your FAQ database, it's important to define who it should be aimed at. Is it employeesor customers who must have access to it? This will affect which questions and answers you should include in the database.
- Identify the frequently asked questions: For at create an FAQ database that is relevant to your target audience, it is important to identify the questions that are frequently asked in your field. You can do this by thinking about questions you yourself have had, or by examining which questions are asked on your social media, via customer service or similar.
- Create a stringktur: Once you have identified the questions to include in the database for your FAQ, you can begin to create a structure for how the questions will be organized. It may be a good idea to divide the questions into categories or topics so that it is easy to find what you are looking for.
- Write answers to the questions: Once you've created a structure for your FAQ database, you can start writing answers to the questions you've identified. It is important to ensure that the answers are correct, relevant and easily understandable for your target audience.
- Make the database available: Once you have written answers to all the questions, it is important to make the database accessible to your target audience. You can do this by creating an FAQ page on your website, or by integrating the database into your customer service system.
- Update the database continuously: It is important to remember to update the database regularly so that it always contains relevant and up-to-date knowledge. You can do this by adding new questions and answers as they appear and by deleting questions and answers that are no longer relevant.
FAQ targeted at the Scandinavian languages
Responza Knowledge has a completely unique Scandinavian advantage and has been developed specifically for Scandinavian languages. Many other FAQs function as a starting point in American knowledge systems, which do not search optimally in relation to Scandinavian and Danish compound words and endings. This may be because many compound words in Danish are two words in English. For example, a search for "childcare" in an American FAQ can display results about e.g. "watch out for children". Responza Knowledge has therefore been developed as a "state of the art" FAQ that can do the same, and more, than the American ones. Our FAQ is a trained system that can understand the many Scandinavian compound words and endings. With the collection of several sources of knowledge in one knowledge system, Responza Knowledge has, as something completely unique, cross search functionality, which makes it possible to search across several sources of knowledge, internalas external. This means that Responza Knowledge can look into its own and other sources of knowledge and thus obtain the right knowledge, at the right time, on the right channel from many different places. Cross-search makes your knowledge sharing easy, user-friendly and not least efficient, and optimizes the FAQ so that the best answer arrives.